Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video, Website and Software incompatibility

Hi Folks! Three questions about incompatibility on my iMac:

1) The following website will not open or allow me to run their website appllication software,

https://www4.webcrf.net/nma53032/pfts.dll?PVN=21678

The site is a pharmaceutical research platform for Sherring Plough. It runs on my Windows computer at work or the old one at home. I would like to run it on my iMac. Any help?

2) Running a cd produced with the exam results of my recent MRI doesn't run on my iMac, but runs fine on Windows computer. The App Store provided me with the free Opera software, which I duly downloaded and upgraded, fortunately for free. But nothing happens. Any help?

3) I have two dvds with film files that I can run by using the disk but if I try to copy the content onto my iMac (or on my old Windows machine too) I get files that will not just play a movie or series of files, nothing. Both of these dvds download onto my computer with the same file types: VTS files, a whole folder full of them. They are categorized as Unix Executable Files. Some are grouped in an audio folder, others in a video folder. But they don't behave like a file that I can open and run. Any help?

Thanks! J

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), brand spanking new

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:01 PM

1 what about another browser?

2 not sure what you ask

3 would try the app handbrake

2 replies

Dec 28, 2011 8:24 AM in response to Rudegar

Hi, and thanks for responding.

1) The end result was that the website in questions was created exclusively for use by a windows program and, even when running 'emulate windows' webbrowsers, it just will not work. And the company webmaster also said it was not made to run on a Mac. The only option left would be to pay for software to set up a virtual machine that runs windows on my Mac.

2) To run an MRI cd on a Mac I had to use Osirix, which was free and works fine.

3) Handbrake seems tobe the answer. Thanks for suggestion this. I had some trouble because I assumed I could find it at the Apple App store. Not there. (A busy lilfe tends to help confuse things.) But my brother in law put in on my compter and now I have just to do it.

Thanks, I'll note Correct Answer for that one on 3.

Ciao J

Video, Website and Software incompatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.