Previous 1 2 Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 2:32 PM by babs.malan
buckaroo14 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have finished an iPhoto book (latest version iphoto) and pressed BUY.

After it having all my itunes account info and correct card info, when I press "buy" i get the apple error 'donk' sound with no error coming up??

Whats going on?

I can't even find out what the error is, even though all my info is correct?

Under my VISA details, there is a blank 'code" box where I put my 3-digit security code in, then I just get this apple error noise and no error on whats wrong???

It wont let me go back or forward?- i have to FORCE QUIT??

Any ideas?

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (61,930 points)

Generally if the print products country in teh peferences is correct and if you re-enter (not just verify) your information at the apple store account tab it will resolve this

LN

• natimia Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have no problem placing the order but when it takes you to the assemble page it crashes after trying to assemble just the 3rd page of an 84 page book.

It kicks me out completely.  I have no idea what is left to try.

Any luck? Did you get to the assembly part yet?

• jpolatin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here. Assembly process freezes at page 3. I have to force quit to stop. I hope that this is just a temporary problem with their system this evening.

• natimia Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I hate to say it but it has been happening to me since yesterday and then again today.  No luck. I tried deleting a bunch of files and nothing.  I don't know what else to try.  I read things about a so called "safe mode" upload but I have no idea what that is.

• buckaroo14 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Well my book is complete, and then it takes me to the buy page with my itunes info and account.

It keeps showing up my security code on the back of the card, which is all correct.

When I press "buy book" it just keeps "clonking" without a pop up error? so I have no idea why it isnt going any further and nothing is highlighted?

Have re-entered my details and even a NEW card and still the same

It now won't let me leave iphoto or this page so I have to FORCE QUIT?

Anyone know of a UK phone number relating to purchasing an iBook photo album?

I might have to start again with an alternative photo book with a different company??

• Raphaël Tidas Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Same "third page crash" issue here.

My books are XL sized.

I tried to convert to pdf a few blank books. (control + click the main window)

Not all templates are crashing. Maybe a lead...

What template did you start with ?

im not sure I can see what template i used as i'v eactually finished the book and don't want to lose it?

Is is possible to change "the book" template and keep all my text and photos in the same order? and that would let me buy it?

just duplicate the book, then try to change the book template. First choice may be your original one except for color.

(you won't be able to keep original text and order...)

What about the "convert to pdf" available via Ctrl+click the main window (not with the printing path) ?

• TalkieToaster3000 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hey guys its not a crash.  After throwing dishes at the wall in a rage I force quit the thing and went at it again.  and again...

and then my hand must have accidentally brushed the scroll function and I saw a SCROLL BAR appear LOL!!!

So its the fact that you need to scroll down.

I hope you get this before you (its too late for me hahah) go completely insane :-D

Thanks Talkietoaster!

Thats it!

Not obvious at all, even for Apple and i;m sure I tried scrolling in a rage!

You have saved me hours of re-doing my book only to come up across that same thing again!

Book now compiled and being sent - thank you again!

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (61,930 points)

Boot into safe mode and

Before ordering your book preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered book will match it.

if the preview is correct then order while in safe mode - after ordering reboot back to normal mode

LN

• paulfromesher Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have same problem

iPhoto 11 and 10.7.2

Ordered calendar week ago. Lastm two days trying to order Photobook and get oops the store is unavailable

Really annoying

Tried the PDF preview still failed

• stephanie209 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

HELP!! I am trying to order a book that I stayed up all night last night making (since the deadline for submitting an ibook for Canadian delivery by Christmas Eve is the 12th) and it keeps saying it is unable to process my order and to try again later. This first attempt said I needed to update account information which I did and it was correct...just missing the security code which I re-entered...Since then it takes forever to compile the pages and then sends me this message. Wondering what Talkie was referring to when he discoverd the scroll bar....what scroll bar and in what process of the order did this magical scroll bar get your order processed....I'm about to hurl the computer out the window and wish I could call a human at iBooks to ream them out!! I was counting on this as a gift for Christmas and now I have missed the deadline...through no fault of my own (at least from what I can tell...I have never had issues ordering books before).

ARGGGGG! Help from someone would be much appreciated!

Deep breathe......

Previous 1 2 Next