Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes say "Genius is not available for a song..." by Coldplay's new album?

Itunes wont let me start a genius playlist from any of the songs off the new Coldplay and Florence + The Machines albums! Surely that can't be right...

I've updated genius but still no avail. After reading forums it appears that itunes takes a while when new songs come out, analysing peoples listening habits, before forming algorithms determining what songs to use in peoples genius playlists. So I'm thinking that maybe these albums are still new (not really though) which is why I'm not having any luck.

Could someone else who owns any of these albums please check if iTunes will allow them to create a genius playlist successfully? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:41 PM

1 reply

Why does iTunes say "Genius is not available for a song..." by Coldplay's new album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.