Dont Stick Glue!! I think thats dangerous... I say this because I found the easiest and simplest way to fix it!!!!
(Note: This is for those where only the metal bit is stuck inside, and no plastic covering the pit in the middle of the head)
My headphone jack's top bit broke off and got stuck inside the ipad socket (this can be any 3.5mm sockets) After searching the internet for over six weeks, 4 of which were when I was waiting for my 'drill bits' to arrive... i finally recieved them yesterday... got the tip from eHow to use one bit and push it towards the side and pull it out.. didnt work for me, its too weak to exert any proper pressure being 0.5mm think.. so here is what I did:
Cut the crap - straight to business:
I see no Risk here !
What you will need:
- Five 0.5mm drill bits (easily available from eBay, I got a pack of 10 for $3)
- nothing else!
How to do it:
- Place the swirly side of the drill bits inside the pit in headphone jack's head stuck inside your socket (in iPad, Pod, phone or whatever) (I mean in the dead centre of the think stuck inside your socket)
- Four will fit quite easily; put the fifth one in and you will feel resistance, push it in with whatever way you fancy, i just stroked it in with my car keys and all five fit easily in the headphone's pit
- Now you can feel the five drill bits are tightly holding together (and they are holding the jack's head tight )
- Push it out!! Can describe the feeling when I saw the head stuck on the drill bits after reading crazy solution on the internet for 6 weeks.. didnt wnat to risk with the glue option.
I have the drill bits with me now, not any use for me... if you are in Sydney, you can collect them from me...
BTW I tried searchingfor 0.5mm in Bunnings etc.... no luck... had to go eBay and took four weeks to arrive .
Cant believe it was so simple....!!!