Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Little Big Disk TB output distorting on iMac?

Hi Folks,

I have a new 2011 11' MBA Ultimate.

When connected to a 2010 27' iMac via display port the screen is great, with a very stable picture.

When I plug a Little Big Disk into the MBA via a TB cable and then use a display port cable to connect from the LBDisk to the iMac I see small distortions every 5 mins or so in the bottom 25% of the iMac screen.

Take out the LBD and the pic on the iMac is perfect, no distortion.

My evidence points to the display port output of the LBDisk.

I contacted Lacie and explained the evidence I had.

They wrote back and asked if my cables were OK?, even though I indicated that with the LBDisk out of the daisy chain, the pic was perfect.

Any one else experienced problems with the display port output of the LBDisk to a Mini display port (input of

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2Gb Lacie Little Big Disk & TBolt

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 3:58 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2012 3:33 PM in response to mspoettl

Hi there MSPoettl,

I updated to the new firmware for the 24' when it was released. This largely fixed the problem, although the Lacie's fan makes a very airy noise as it blows. The image on the 24' led apple careen is stable, so good news there. However when plugging the MBair into the Lacie and then into a 27' iMac I still get occasional distortion.

Good luck.

David

Little Big Disk TB output distorting on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.