Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote application TV icon - what's it for?

Really sorry if this has been asked before (I did search, honest). Or if it's common knowledge.

I've just noticed, that when playing my computer's iTunes library to my hi-fi, using Apple's own little Remote application, when you're on full-screen with the artwork (as it were) then touch it once and get the track time, etc up...Down at the bottom there, to the right of the 'Genius' symbol, there's a TV icon, with a swirl in the screen.

What's it for?

When I touch it, it goes blue, but I can't see anything happening.

Anyone know what it does?

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 10:22 AM

I just found your thread trying to find an answer to the same question...did you find out yet? I will keep googling...

Edit - apparently turns on and off visualisations in iTunes. As I am using the remote app away from the host iTunes iMac I would not have seen it

2 replies

Jan 8, 2012 11:19 AM in response to Jaunty

I hadn't found out anything more about it, so thanks for your reply.

I'm gonna have to check out what you say in the morning. I'll have to do a bit of running to and fro, as the Hi-Fi is in the lounge and the iTunes-running computer is in a separate building. So, not a lot of point being able to control the visualiser, really. Still, must have seemed like a good idea on some Apple person's desk, once upon a time.

Apple Remote application TV icon - what's it for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.