Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac freezes after lion upgrade

Upgraded imac from SL to lion, and now the computer freezes when waking from sleep or switching accounts. I have no issues during the process of using the computer. I have installed new RAM (4gigs), reinstalled the OS, erased the HD (securely) and rebuilt from back-up, pram, disk utilities, disk warrior. Read in one post that this may be the logic board and that Apple may be replacing these in certain modles. I never had the computer freeze when I was running SL, and I am a school IT guy with over 100 macs running SL and this does not happen at school. I have heard from others of the same thing once they go to Lion but the Apple Store says they have not heard of it! Do not see how this could be a hardware thing since it looks to happen after Lion upgrade.

Any ideas

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), late 2007 model

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 10:35 AM

This was happening to me too. It was suggested that I go to energy saver in system preferences and set the computer to never sleep. That seems to have worked for me.

6 replies

iMac freezes after lion upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.