Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion vs. Exchange 2003 -- Can Entourage Be Installed?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. Brand new Mac user here -- my new MacBook Pro came with Lion installed. My company uses Exchange 2003 and is not about to upgrade. I understand that the two are not compatible and may never be. However, a colleague with the previous iteration of OS X has Entourage installed and is getting his mail seamlessly. My question: will Entourage work with Lion and, if so, how/where do I get it? I'm not computer savvy enough to deal with Davmail. Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 7:22 AM

10 replies

Dec 8, 2011 12:28 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

If Mail and the Microsoft version of Outlook on Lion will not work with Exchange 2003 neither will Entourage.

To be specific, Office 2008, which includes Entourage, will work with Exchange 2003. Office 2011, which includes Outlook, will not work with Exchange 2003. Outlook now relies on OSX for connectivity. OSX uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) rather than ActiveSync and EWS is only available on Exchange 2007 and later.

Dec 8, 2011 12:34 PM in response to selmafromwoodstock

selmafromwoodstock wrote:

Good old clunky webmail will be my new best friend.

Just an FYI: Exchange 2010 now supports Safari on the Mac so you get more capabilies with Outlook Web Access (OWA) than you do with Exchange 2003 or 2007. So if your company has more than a couple of Mac users, it would be advisable to update to Exchange 2010. (In addition to the fact that Exchange 2003 is approaching end-of-life.)

Lion vs. Exchange 2003 -- Can Entourage Be Installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.