Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer freezing

Has anyone noticed OS X Lion freezing all the time. I upgraded from snow leapard and the same programs are now causing all kinds of problem. Especially my Adobe products. One day it's this plug in not working, the next day its another. Programs will die suddenly and windows will get stuck. I tried running two at a time and 10 at a time and there is now difference. Suitcase Fonts has big issues on Lion for some reason as well. Also files are getting stuck on the desktop, like can't move, can't delete, can't do anything!!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 7:28 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2011 8:07 AM in response to KangerooKE

You probably need to install the Java runtime environment, which is not installed by default by Lion (it was in Snow). You can get it here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421

Then go to the Adobe website and download any Lion patches (there was a lot of known issues when Lion first came out, reported here and many other place).

After installing Java and any Adobve patches, reboot and see if that solves your problems.

computer freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.