Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Lion Server screen freezes frequently

I have recently purchased the Mac Mini Server with 8GB RAM Upgrade and have been experiencing screen freezes frequently. The Mac Mini is connected to a ViewSonic LED Monitor via an HDMI cable and is running Mac OS X Lion Server.

It all started a month ago and I suspected it was due to an external hard disk I had. When I removed it the problem didn't crop up for a few weeks. So I thought the issue was resolved.

Over the past week the problem re-surfaced again and nearly everyday I am experiencing screen freezing about five times a day and the only option is to power down my Mac Mini Server from the power button. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. When screen freezing occurs, everything freezes and I get some small rectangular boxes on screen moving.

The only things that have changed over the past week was that I installed the latest Safari fix and connected the Harman Kardon Sounsticks II to the Mac Mini.

Can't understand what is happening. From various threads I read, many mac users are experiencing screen freezes. If anyone has any resolutions please let me know.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Mac Mini Server (OS X Lion Server)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 7:44 AM

1 reply

Mac OS X Lion Server screen freezes frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.