Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1281 Battery Question?

My battery is swelling and wont' fit in my 2009 MBP and I have to get a new one. I am trying to avoid the hight price of 139.00 from APPLE. Has anyone had extra luck from aftermarker batteries and who sells them? OWC, MAC MALL etc.

Cheers.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 9:31 AM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2011 10:13 AM in response to nelsonmay

Apple's price is not $139, it's $129. There are aftermarket batteries available, some of them dirt cheap. Avoid those. They're likely to be worthless, as many other dirt-cheap replacement notebook batteries are. I don't recall seeing anyone recommend any particular third-party replacement here, and my own original A1281 is still in fair shape, so I have no personal experience with any of the aftermarket units. But for more than 12 years I've been reading unhappy posts in these forums from people who paid half or less than half what Apple charges for Powerbook and MBP batteries, and got much less than they paid for.

A1281 Battery Question?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.