Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime 7 problem

I downladed quicktime 7 on ne mac book pro with lion. It was the correct downlad and did go into utility folder. However, when try to open to place registration information it hangs, and have to use force quit to get out. I have tried this 5 times with same result. Same result making new use

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:22 PM

Try repairing permissions first. Also, place it in the Applications folder. It's a proper app, not a utility considering it's loads more powerful than dinky Quicktime X.

Could try trashing QT 7 pref file too.

I think it was somewhere on these forums, someone said it had to do with the Content Guide automatically showing. No idea if that's accurate or not, much less how to change it if you can even launch the app to begin with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2011 2:22 PM in response to kim sloan

Try repairing permissions first. Also, place it in the Applications folder. It's a proper app, not a utility considering it's loads more powerful than dinky Quicktime X.

Could try trashing QT 7 pref file too.

I think it was somewhere on these forums, someone said it had to do with the Content Guide automatically showing. No idea if that's accurate or not, much less how to change it if you can even launch the app to begin with.

quicktime 7 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.