Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.2.1 not importing all photos from card reader

Aperture is not importing all photos from the card reader, i tried importing 720 photos and it was only seeing 480 photos, the card reader stopped reading, aperture was saying "loading assets", still, like if it was still reading the card. and the first time it loaded the pictures the import button was not availllable once not all the photos were not all loaded when the loading assets message stopped.

i had to force quit aperture, ejecting the card from the reader, aperture, on relaunch was still seeing the card as present but it was ejected from the finder , and physicaly on the desk.

i had to go in Apple Acticity monitor to find a process that was still active , someting called mass media and had to stop it.

my work around was manually copying the content of the card on the external hard drive about 9 gig of photos on the external HDD where i keep my aperture photos. copying 9 gig of photos over usb2 took an 50 minutes.

i had jpegs raw and some videos in 720p

i have a MBP 2.26 ghz 13"

a Canon 7D and a Lexar 16 gig compact flash card.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 gb ram, 1 external monitor.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:32 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2011 3:56 PM in response to Macuser72

Macuser72 wrote:

Aperture is not importing all photos from the card reader, i tried importing 720 photos and it was only seeing 480 photos, the card reader stopped reading, aperture was saying "loading assets", still, like if it was still reading the card. and the first time it loaded the pictures the import button was not availllable once not all the photos were not all loaded when the loading assets message stopped.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand this paragraph. It seems like the "loading assets" message stopped but not all the photos were showing up in the import window. Were any of the photos duplicates? How long did you wait until you forced quit?

When you say "the first time it loadedthe pictures" you mean you attempted before and got the same result?

It does seem like it is either getting stuck on an image or is taking a long time to read the images off the card since the import button is not available...

When you copied the files to your external drive, you were then able to import to Aperture?

Thanks

Aperture 3.2.1 not importing all photos from card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.