Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Activating By Itself

From the time the 4S was released I've used Siri with no issues. Today all of a sudden when I'm in the phone functions ( favorites, voicemail, keypad ) and I hold the phone up to my ear Siri comes on asking me how it can help.

In Siri settings I do have the hold the phone up setting enabled but I've never had this happen without first holding the Home button down to activate Siri. It just comes on by itself. Again this just happened today. If I disable that setting it doesn't happen but then I can't use Siri without talking to the phone away from my face. I want this setting to be on so I can just hold the phone as in a normal call and tell it what I want and hear its response. I have tried rebooting the phone, doing a hard reset, disabling and then re-enabling Siri but none of that has worked. Has anyone seen Siri behave like this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 3:50 PM

5 replies

Nov 19, 2013 4:10 PM in response to Pappasbike

Mine is a mess there are 2 contacts and when presses togather for however long they got it set for suri comes on. U need to take to apple store and the will raise them it will happen again 6 months ago on my 5 it did it they told me this... And now there back to being too close so they hit occasionally cause it to activate at will it *****... They fix it though

Dec 8, 2011 6:27 PM in response to Kiwiphone4

I realized after playing around with it some more that it will activate this way but erratically so. If I quickly swing the phone to my ear it will activate but not if if use a normal hand motion. That's why I never had it do this before. Even when intentionally swinging it quickly up to my ear it's hit or miss as to whether it activates. But during slow or normal speed hand motions it does not activate. Whether this is normal behavior or not I don't know but it does explain why I never had it happen before. So I'll leave the setting on and just not swing the phone up.

Siri Activating By Itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.