Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad2 is typing and loading apps by itself (I have video to show)

I just bought a new iPad2 from iStidio in Bangkok just last Satureday.

On the first day, once I got home and connected it WiFi, it started to operate by itself!!!

I hadn't even input sim into the iPad.

Firstly it tried to purchase some apps from app store!! I was lucky that I didn't input my credit card number in from the beginning.

Then it kept changing programs and pages by itself, including search for information too.

So next day I went to other iStudio and had them refresh the softwares. It seems to work ok when I tested the machine at the store.

However, once I got home, the same things happened for a short period of time then it was running fine for two days.

Just yesterday nights it operated by itself again. So, I video taped how it runs to show you as follows

http://youtu.be/6l-dHTWu8Eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM6sWAyBUhs&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZcESmj6xFU&feature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/1Jp6-R4tNsU

I am going to send it back to iStudio again tonight and request for a change. I hope they change the new item for me.

Does anyone experience the same problem?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 3:53 AM

There have been a couple reports on here in the past about randome letters appearing, or randome starting of apps, nothing as severe as you report. If you have tried power off/on, and reset by holding both the slepp/power button and home button until the apple logo appears and it restarts and the behavior still continues, you do need to take the iPad back for testing/replacement.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2011 3:53 AM in response to wasawasawasa

There have been a couple reports on here in the past about randome letters appearing, or randome starting of apps, nothing as severe as you report. If you have tried power off/on, and reset by holding both the slepp/power button and home button until the apple logo appears and it restarts and the behavior still continues, you do need to take the iPad back for testing/replacement.

Dec 9, 2011 8:15 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Thanks Kalph.

I had tried power on/off as you mentioned from the first day, for many times, but the problem still occurred.

So, yesterday I took it to the shop and request for a replacement item. At the beginning they said they would send it to fix but I insisted that I want a new item because it is still within 7 days after the first purchase. So now I got the new item, running smoothly.

Dec 9, 2011 8:16 PM in response to wasawasawasa

I also want to alert all people who want to buy a new iPad2 to check the product carefully. It took me and the shop to open 4 boxes of iPad in order to get a perfect one. The first box iPad got a hole at the corner. Luckily I was purchase it together with a friend, so we can compare the items. The second box was my posessed iPad as video taped above. The third box, when the store opened it, the machine has a big scratch at the back. So, my current iPad came from the 4th box opened at the store.

May 29, 2012 2:00 PM in response to wasawasawasa

I had this problem with my ipad. Typing on its own, changing page size, moving about in applications etc, I spent days working on a fix and have finally solved it.

I hope this benefits others;

1) Download latest itunes to a computer.

2) Connect ipad to the computer using white usb cable.

3) Transfer all purchases etc.

4) Disconnect from itunes.

5) go to settings on the ipad and choose the General option, scroll to bottom and select Reset.

6) choose erase all content and settings.

7) reconnect the ipad to the computer. wait for itunes to find the ipad.

8) on the ipad select set up as new ipad etc until it shows the icons.

9) on itunes select restore ipad.

10) leave itunes to download the latest software. it might take 30mins. dont touch it.

11) when the download is complete it will restore the ipad with latest software.

12) go to settings and switch off Bluetooth. turn off Multitasking gestures. select keyboard and turn off split keyboard. turn off the following too; auto correction, auto capitilisation,check spelling and shortcut.

that's it, ipad should now be problem free.

post here if this helps you.

Jul 6, 2012 8:27 AM in response to DVDKEV

Thanks for the info DVDKEV. My new Ipad2 has also started displaying these problems. I have now followed your instructions to the letter, and so far so good. Altough it seemed to go crazy if it had been on for a while and alot of apps had been used. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it goes. I've got an appointment to see a "genius" next week.

Not happy Jan.

My iPad2 is typing and loading apps by itself (I have video to show)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.