Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how many computers can I install Logic pro 9 on

Before I dive in and purchase Logic Pro from the app store I want to be sure I can install it on both my imac and my macbook at the same time.

This is because I tend to record on the macbook but like using the imac for the mixing etc.

Imac, iPad mac mini iPhone iPod

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 11:33 AM

10 replies

Jul 27, 2013 7:26 AM in response to macman70

if you're buying the single license verion and not a volume license then apple permits logic to be installed on two machines but one has to be a laptop and the other on a desktop. so you can't have the same registration of logic on two macbook pros for instance. at least thats what the fine print warranty stated back when i actaully read it for logic 9 studio.

Jul 27, 2013 8:12 AM in response to DiN_D

DIN_D,

That only applied to the original DVD version of Logic Studio 2 (Logic Pro 9 ) and earlier versions...

With the App Store version of Logic Pro 9 and now Logic Pro X, you are authorized to install Logic on "any computers you own or control" using your Apple ID to download and install.

The two Mac limit control system code within Logic Pro was also removed from the application in 9.1.6 onwards..

The Logic Studio 2 / Logic Pro 9 Terms and Conditions are superseceeded by the Mac App Store agreements if you purchase Logic via the App Store.. according to every Apple CSR I have spoken to about this...

Jan 18, 2014 7:29 PM in response to clockmendergb

clock...

You are unfortunately, incorrect.....

The Mac App Store terms and conditions allow you to install an App bought via the App Store on as many Macs as you own or control, for private use, using your Apple ID and the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store Application.

Commerical use has somewhat different terms....

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/appstore/jm/terms.html

MAC APP STORE PRODUCT USAGE RULES

ℹ If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

(ii) If you are a commercial enterprise or educational institution, you may download a Mac App Store Product for use by either (a) a single individual on each of the Mac Computer(s) used by that individual that you own or control, or (b) multiple individuals on a single shared Mac Computer that you own or control. For example, a single employee may use a Mac App Store Product on both the employee’s desktop Mac Computer and laptop Mac Computer, or multiple students may serially use the Mac App Store Product on a single Mac Computer located at a resource center or library. For the sake of clarity, each Mac Computer used serially by multiple users requires a separate license.

I have certain apps downloaded and installed on 7 different Macs here... without issue.

You are probably thinking about authorizing up to 5 Macs per Apple ID for eligible content (Music/Movies etc) in iTunes.... which is a different matter entirely... and even that changed recent to 10 devices with no more than 5 devices being authorized via iTunes... presumably to take into account the number of Mac owners who also own multple iOS devices as well as multiple Macs these days...

ℹ You may auto-download Eligible Content or download previously-purchased Eligible Content from an Account on up to 10 Associated Devices, provided no more than 5 are iTunes-authorized computers.

Cheers..

Nigel

how many computers can I install Logic pro 9 on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.