Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you stop itunes from autoplay songs while importing a folder?

There used to be an option in older versions of itunes in the Advanced Preferences "Play songs while importing or converting", which you could uncheck. Now this is no longer optional.

Any way to stop the autoplay while importing a music folder that is NOT the itunes media folder?

It's incredibly aggravating and unacceptible.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 12:11 PM

7 replies

Nov 6, 2017 4:20 PM in response to itunesistotalgarbage

deleted my post? wow.. proof. won't listen if it's disagreeable here eh? ok. your loss apple. not surprised. corporations will only do the right thing when they are either pressured, forced, or shamed into it.. otherwise, they could care less what people that buy or use their products say or think. how ironic that the subject of this thread is an argument in nature. 😁 have a nice day apple! is that good enough to not censor for ya?

Nov 8, 2017 4:44 AM in response to Ryan717

Ryan717 wrote:

deleted my post? wow.. proof. won't listen if it's disagreeable here eh? ok. your loss apple. not surprised. corporations will only do the right thing when they are either pressured, forced, or shamed into it.. otherwise, they could care less what people that buy or use their products say or think. how ironic that the subject of this thread is an argument in nature. 😁 have a nice day apple! is that good enough to not censor for ya?

Posts are not removed because they are critical of Apple. The number of extant threads the are, in some way critical are proof of that. Posts are removed because the Hosts decide they violate the Terms of Use to which we all agreed when we registered here. You will have gotten an email explaining why. If you don't see it, check your spam filters.

Dec 11, 2011 9:26 AM in response to itunesistotalgarbage

SOLVED! After much trial and error over several days, I figured out that iTunes 10.3.1 is the last version that will not autoplay! It may have been a problem in older versions as well but I know on my computer, that's the most recent one that works.

Of course, it would be fantastic if you could actually use the controls to play music while it's importing but I guess that's a mighty tall order and I should be happy with what I got.

To downgrade (upgrade), first uninstall your iTunes using these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923. Then, use ByeTunes to clean up all the extra iTunes droppings this spoiled baby left all over your computer, which you can get here: http://remove-it.org/tools/byetunes. Then, get the older, better version of iTunes here: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=82 .

After you install, make sure to tell it NOT to download the most recent version (which it will ask) and check the "Don't ask me again" box. Voila.

Again, this fix and the links above apply to iTunes for Windows. The process and exact version number may be different on a Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.