Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sold me an used iphone 3GS, I just found that out

On october 17, 2011, iphone 3GS became available for free with two year contract, so I decided to buy a new one for my mom,

Now, everything is fine, I decided to jailbreak the phone, but before I did that, I used tinyumbrella to save the phone's SHSH,

after that, tinyumbrella read my phone and it says that the phone that I have has a existing SHSH from tinyumbrella which is 4.1,

that firmware is hecka old! It came out last year when Iphone 4 came out!

Now, maybe apple sold me an USED JAILBROKEN IPHONE 3GS???

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1, I donwgraded it back to IOS 4.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 12:16 PM

12 replies

Dec 9, 2011 1:06 PM in response to brad805

I believed that my iphone 3GS has been jailbroken before, other wise, 4.1 SHSH should not be saved on tinyumbrella and cydia.

Now, I don't have no problem updating my 3GS to IOS 5 and downgrading it back to IOS 4.1 because of that SHSH saved from tinyumbrella.

I take that as advantage to me because now, I don't have no problem Jailbreaking my 3GS as well as UNLOKING it.

Dec 9, 2011 1:20 PM in response to paulcb

I did, but they told me that they don't sell refurbished iphone. They said, there's is no way that my 3GS is used.

I even contacted AT&T and get them involved, AT&T tried to help me out but after arguing with them, they told me to contact apple about it. (plus, knowing AT&T's customer service, you know how that go)

Dec 9, 2011 1:37 PM in response to randy48

Your iPhone is new and you have proven it. Having 4.1 SHSH is the same for all iPhone 3GS even the ones in Apple Store or at China Factory, Apple is still signing 4.1. Your iPhone was purchased brand NEW, end of story.

Go to Apple and make your false complaint, and maybe the Genius will put a Notation in the Computer at Apple that may Void your Warranty.

Dec 10, 2011 5:19 AM in response to randy48

It does NOT have firmware FROM cydia or tinyumbrella.

You have NO idea what you're talking about. If you're going to play around with jailbreak tools, which you apparently are, you should probably read up a little bit on what you're doing.

Making wild accusations about Apple selling you a jailbroken phone is just making you look like a fool.

Apple sold me an used iphone 3GS, I just found that out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.