Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall Firefox?

I have dragged and dropped the icon to the trash and deleted. But I still have a firefox profile on my mac somewhere. The directions say to go into my home (account holder) and then go into "Library." Uh there is no such thing.

Does anyone know how to delete the profile which includes settings, data, etc?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2011 iMac

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 4:05 PM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2011 4:36 PM in response to rednano74

1. Drag the Firefox application to the Trash.
  2. Firefox also has a .plist file at ~/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist you may wish to remove.

If you also wish to remove your Firefox user data and settings (bookmarks, extensions, etc.) trash the "Firefox" folder, located here: ~Library/Application Support/Firefox.

Read more here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_firefox

Aug 28, 2015 10:36 AM in response to rednano74

Download "AppCleaner" for mac. AppCleaner automatically removes everything, or, only what you want gone. You will see what I'm talking about.

Launch AppCleaner > Drag the App from Applications fold to AppClearner window. Sometimes it may take awhile, and sometimes it takes seconds. Then, delete. Pretty easy.

Aug 28, 2015 3:09 PM in response to rednano74

NOTE: IIn Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

For Mavericks and Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring up this window:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How to uninstall Firefox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.