Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to iCloud from iPad via Safari

I have set up iCloud on my iPad as instructed. When I try to login to iCloud from safari on my iPad I get redirected to set up iCloud on this iPad.

How do I solve this?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2017 8:47 AM

Try this.

iCloud.comon a device. Using Safari with iCloud.com in the URL, you can tap and hold the Refresh icon (semi-circular arrow) in the URL bar until "Request Desktop Site" appears and then tap that. The ability to do things is much less than when logged in using a computer.

19 replies

Dec 9, 2011 5:24 PM in response to prebenfrog

You can't. You can only log into iCloud from a desktop or laptop.

The best way to think of iCloud on your iPad is that the applications you turn on in Settings/iCloud, such as Mail, Calendar, etc. simply send to and receive information from iCloud. You use your desktop/laptop to do the same thing, but they also give you a level of iCloud management that is not available to you iPad.

So, if you send an email to yourself from the iPad, for example, it will show up in Mail on your desktop, and vice-versa. In effect, you can't "see" the iCloud web interface from your iPad.

Login to iCloud from iPad via Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.