Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iTunes Store isn't loading on my Windows 7 laptop.

Hi, I have been a longtime user of itunes, without any real big problems until last night. I downloaded the latest version 10.5.1 last night

on my laptop that has windows 7, and I can access everything except the itunes store. The bar gets about halfway accross (like it is

trying to connect, but it just disappears entirely). I am not getting any error messages, it just won't connect. I am not having internet

problems, because my desktop is working fine. Before I downloaded 10.5.1, I was using an older version, and had no trouble at all, so

I don't understand why all of sudden I am? Does 10.5.1 require anything special that the older versions did not? I am using both Spy

Hunter and Kaspersky and my understanding is they can sometimes cause the itunes store not to work. Although, like I said it was

working fine with the older version, so again I don't understand why it is not working now? Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:52 AM

Try this,

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

In the DOS screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2011 10:52 AM in response to rockndj

Try this,

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

In the DOS screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

The iTunes Store isn't loading on my Windows 7 laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.