Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes64.msi

my itunes cant update to the new upgrade. its missing a file called "itunes64.msi". is anyone else missing this file? does anyone know how i can get this file? i cant sync my phone with my computer anymore. if anyone has had this problem and solved it. id really love to know how you solved it.

ive even tried to uninstall itunes from my computer and it wont uninstall.

someone please help!!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 9:02 PM

8 replies

Dec 10, 2011 7:11 AM in response to linds2

Try this microsoft fixit first:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

If taht doesn't work, msi problems can usually be fixed with the microsoft Installer cleanup utility.

Unfortunately the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility has been withdrawn by Microsoft because of compatibility issues with Microsoft Office so you will need to find a copy elsewhere – the installer is msicuu2.exe. You need version 3.

Google msicuu2.exe download

mydigitallife in the above search has a copy of version 3

Check for malware before installing it.

After installing, To run the program – All Programs>>Windows Install

If you get permission denied error, Try Run as Administrator – an option if you right click on the program.

Use the program to remove any instance you find of iTunes and then try installing again.

itunes64.msi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.