Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewer Brightness Preference

When I move the sliders in Preferences for either the Viewer or Browser brightness, nothing happens. No change in any of the background colors.

I tried trashing the Aperture preferences, but still no change. I can move the sliders, they stay where I move them. But none of the backgrounds change.

Aperture 3.2.2

Lion 10.7.2

ATI 5770

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), FCP 7 and FCP X

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 6:03 AM

14 replies

Dec 10, 2011 7:26 AM in response to ScotMij

As Level 5 and 6 posters, I'm sure you know there is nothing more exciting than responses to your issue stating everything seems to be working fine elsewhere.

Obviously, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Trashing preferences did nothing.

I haven't re-booted, which I will do now.

Any other suggestions?

I'm not surprised with your responses, though. I did search this forum first and didn't find anything other posts with this issue.

Odd.

Dec 10, 2011 7:32 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

Rebooting should be part of any trouble-shooting, particularly if you've trashed your prefs (and emptied the system trash).

Determining that your problem is not seen by others with similar set-ups (and in what way they differ) is an important part of trouble-shooting.

My only other suggestion -- which I suspect you've already done -- is to search the FC forums to see if anyone has any similar problem. There are many posts of Aperture and Final Cut creating problems for each other.

Have you experiences any other graphics misbehavior with the ATI 5770?

Dec 10, 2011 7:51 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

I've encountered no other issues with the 5770. I use video applications much more than Aperture. FCP 7, FCP X, Permeire Pro, After Effects. None have issues.

iPhoto 9.2.1, no issues. And I can change the background color to any shade I want.

It's hard to believe I'm the only one with this issue.

It's even harder to believe a Level 5 or 6 person is stumped.

Dec 10, 2011 10:16 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

How about that.

I rebuilt the database and now it works.

Although this was a brand new database. Created today, imported files and then played around with preferences.

Either way, you suggestion helped.

I hereby elevate you to Aperture user Level 6.01.

Thanks to all. Give my rate of use vs issues (just started today) I'm sure I'll be back.

(bet you guys can't wait)

Dec 10, 2011 2:05 PM in response to 1 Open Loop

Glad it helped. Surprised that the database rebuild fixed it, wouldn't have thought this was db related but live and learn.

The three steps I wrote up in my previous post are usually a good place to start when you get strange behaviors.

• The first makes sure there isn't anything really strange with your current library,
  • the second checks to see if it is library related
  • and the third checks to see if it is something in your environment or if it is application/system wide.

Viewer Brightness Preference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.