Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.2.2 crashes on launch // osx lion

Today I updated my working aperture to the latest 3.2.2 on the App Store, now it won't launch anymore...

I have tried thes steps to solve it:

• run in 32-bit
  • trying to find the Aperture-ID file in the pro-apps folder
  • restarting my system
  • reïnstalling aperture

Part of the error

"

Process: Aperture [496]
Path: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/ApertureIdentifier: com.apple.Aperture
Version: 3.2.2 (3.2.2)
Build Info: Aperture-201096000000000~2
App Item ID: 408981426
App External ID: 5333832
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [126]

Date/Time: 2011-12-10 15:51:24.526 +0100OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 79120 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 12
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 11
Anonymous UUID: F78886D3-59BB-45BA-8463-2C4C175D870E

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/PluginManager.framework/Versions/B/PluginManagerReferenced from: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture
Reason: image not found

"

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 7:16 AM

Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/PluginManager.framework/Versions/B/PluginManagerReferenced from: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture

"

The problem seems to be that the "PluginManager.framework" is missing from your System Library. Did you install or update something else recently, besides Aperture 3.2.2? E.g. the installation of Final Cut Pro has caused similar problems recently.

To fix this bug, you need to restore the missing "PluginManager.framework" to your System Library from your backup disk, if you have a recent backup.

If you do not have a backup, then reinstall Lion.

Since the System Library is hidden, you will have to add it to the Finder Sidebar, to be able to see it on your Time Machine Backup. Open the System Library from the Finder menu:

Finder -> Go-> Go to Folder

and enter /Library/Library/Frameworks/

then hit return.

Drag the folder icon of the Finder Window that opens to your Finder Sidebar for easy access, then enter the Time Machine and navigate to a time, when you still had your "PluginManager.framework" and restore it to the Frameworks-directory.

To reinstall Lion, boot into the recovery HD.

HTH

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2011 7:16 AM in response to Xonegon

"

The problem seems to be that the "PluginManager.framework" is missing from your System Library. Did you install or update something else recently, besides Aperture 3.2.2? E.g. the installation of Final Cut Pro has caused similar problems recently.

To fix this bug, you need to restore the missing "PluginManager.framework" to your System Library from your backup disk, if you have a recent backup.

If you do not have a backup, then reinstall Lion.

Since the System Library is hidden, you will have to add it to the Finder Sidebar, to be able to see it on your Time Machine Backup. Open the System Library from the Finder menu:

Finder -> Go-> Go to Folder

and enter /Library/Library/Frameworks/

then hit return.

Drag the folder icon of the Finder Window that opens to your Finder Sidebar for easy access, then enter the Time Machine and navigate to a time, when you still had your "PluginManager.framework" and restore it to the Frameworks-directory.

To reinstall Lion, boot into the recovery HD.

HTH

Léonie

Dec 10, 2011 9:31 AM in response to léonie

Luckelly I had a backup of my previous osx lion instalation, since this one is only 2 weeks old.

I did as you said an replaced all the files in this folder with thos of the back, (and kept the old ones as a .zip).

Then everything seemed to be working fine again.

I did install Final cut express after I installed Aperture, so my guess is that it's the same.

Thanks a lot for this fast help !

Kristof

Aperture 3.2.2 crashes on launch // osx lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.