Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

opendirectoryd goes to 100% after VPN connection

Hi - when I logon to work via VPN (Cisco Anyconnect) the opendirectoryd process goes to 100% and never comes back down. If I try to kill the process then it just restarts automatically and goes to 100% again. The only way to bring things back to normal is to disconnect from VPN and then kill the process. Any ideas why this is happening or how to debug the issue?

This doesn't occur when I'm logged in directly at work, it just occurs when connecting through VPN.

I turned on logging (odutil set log debug) but I can't really tell what's going on.

Thanks in advance for the help.

F.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 9:52 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2013 6:41 AM in response to jetset07

I have this exact issue as well. I'm using Anyconnect version 3.0.11042, and 0SX version 10.8.5. This has been going on for a few versions of both OSX and Anyconnect. Really irritating. I have found, that killing opendirectoryd twice (so it's really truely dead 😀) seems to work. When it restarts after the second force quit it behaves properly. I've had the IT guys at my office look at this and they're stumped too. After some digging I thought dropbox might be the culprit, but even after uninstalling it the problem remains.

opendirectoryd goes to 100% after VPN connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.