Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do Flash files get stored in Lion?

Hi... I'm having trouble locating here flash (.sol ?) files get stored in Lion.

Since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion recently I've noticed that saved games files for Machinarium disappear, (it may have happenbed before but I don't think it did). The game forums suggest this is due to resetting Safari causing the saved flash files to be deleted.

Posts suggest the files should be .sol extension and stored in:

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/

However... even if I look immediately after saving the game I can't find the files... no .sol and no such path in Finder ... no Macromedia under my Library/Preferences path... nothing similar under anything for Adobe either.

Am I looking in the wrong place or being dumb here ?

Anyone point me to where such files may be stored under Lion please?

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers

Iain

Macbook Pro 15 2.4, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPhone 3GS16, iPod various, Windows Vista PC

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 2:52 PM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2011 1:11 AM in response to Tony T1

Hi Linc and Tony ...

Thanks for the Finder tips... however... my question was more about where Flash is saving the files as there are no .sol files bing returned in searches on the machine anywhere!

I was wondering whether something has changed in the way Flash stores save/temp files in Lion?

Flash vesion is Plug-in version 11.1.102.55 is installed.

Cheers

Iain

Dec 11, 2011 6:39 AM in response to Iain_IP2

You can expand the search for system and hidden files (option-click ➕):

User uploaded file

And if you're comfortable in Terminal, use find:

to seach your user account:

find ~ -iname '*.sol'

to search HD:

find / -iname '*.sol' 2>/dev/null

But first, try:

In Finder, ⇧⌘G, and enter "~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/macromedia.com/"

Then in the Finder Search window, enter: .sol

Tony

Where do Flash files get stored in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.