Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office 2011 - Can't use "command v" to paste images or anything

So in all previous iterations of Office that I've used, when you are in a document (be it Word or the email client, now Outlook) and hit the buttons "command-v" the result is that the program pastes whatever is on your clipboard. If you have an image on your clipboard, that pastes into Word/Outlook. If you have a pdf, it tries to paste that. This is especially useful for an email client and attachments.

However, when I hit "command-v" in either Word or Outlook, it pastes the image name (e.g., CIMG3279.JPG) rather than the image itself. I tried this with a pdf as well -- same problem.

I first thought this was an Outlook problem, but then it happened in Word. Then I thought it was a Lion problem, but when I used the mail.app, it pasted as expected.

Now, I just upgraded to a new iMac, Lion, and Office 2011 -- all at once. So I am not positive that it is Office 2011 -- but I am pretty sure given that the paste function works correctly in mail.app. I googled the **** out of this and did not find anyone with a similar problem.

Anyone have an idea what setting is off my Office? Or is this a new "feature"?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. - M.

Office 2011-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 7:15 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2011 12:50 AM in response to the_mbwd

Some things are a bit odd (to me, anyway) in Lion, though I'm getting used to them.

For example, if you click on an icon on the desktop and press Command-C, then open TextEdit to a blank document set to RTF, then press Command-V you'll get the image; but if you select Paste and Match Style in the Edit menu, you'll get the name of the file instead.

What usually works consistently across most apps with image files and PDFs is to drag and drop the file into the document you're working with - email, word processing doc, etc. If the source file is an image, you'll get the image palced in the target doc; if the source file is a PDF, you'll get the PDF (usually in its own scrollable window).

Office 2011 - Can't use "command v" to paste images or anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.