Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded my 3gen touch to iOS 4.2.1, but i still cant get an app to download (Zombie gunship). Even the app says its compatible, whats the dealio?

I upgraded my 3gen touch to iOS 4.2.1, but i still cant get an app to download (Zombie gunship). Even the app says its compatible, whats the dealio? I have no other updates available, is the 3rd gen finally becoming obsolite?

iPod touch, 8GB

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 10:13 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2011 2:01 AM in response to Dramenious

If, when you upgraded, the highest iOS level for your device was iOS 4.2.1 then you have a 2nd gen iPod Touch. Per its specs Zombie Gunship requires a 3rd gen iPod Touch (or later).

You can tell what model iPod Touch you have from this document: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353

The important words are: "The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318."

I upgraded my 3gen touch to iOS 4.2.1, but i still cant get an app to download (Zombie gunship). Even the app says its compatible, whats the dealio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.