Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is 10.7.3 to be released?

Apple say that 10.7.3 is in for testing and that it will resolve problems with unreliable wifi. They wasted my time for two days trying all sorts of mechanisms to make it work before they admitted that Lion had a problem. What is going on>

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 11:11 PM

15 replies

Dec 10, 2011 11:26 PM in response to scuta174

I understand your frustration. Going through this Lion forum there are plenty of other users having the same issue as yourself.

But anyone that is testing seeds of 10.7.3 is bound by a non disclosure agreement (NDA) with Apple and thus cannot discuss if your issue will be resolved in the next update.

Dec 11, 2011 1:30 AM in response to PAHU

Perhaps I could rephrase my query - Is it clear that there is a problem with Lion 10.7.2? At present I am in the promised land waiting for 10.7.3. I have a (new) machine which can only connect to the internet via ethernet and am deeply suspicious that my machine is faulty and that I ought to have insisted on a replacement while I still have time.

Dec 11, 2011 1:55 AM in response to scuta174

scuta174 wrote:

Perhaps I could rephrase my query - Is it clear that there is a problem with Lion 10.7.2? At present I am in the promised land waiting for 10.7.3. I have a (new) machine which can only connect to the internet via ethernet and am deeply suspicious that my machine is faulty and that I ought to have insisted on a replacement while I still have time.

There are always teething problems with new systems. Snow Leopard had updates to to 10.6.8 and I think Tiger may have had 11 updates, so obviously things crop up under user conditions which need to be addressed. What they will address each update is unknown to us. But if you are seriously having issues with a new computer, I would have it back to the Apple Shop or make an appointment with the nearest Genius Bar while it is still within the exchange period. Have them test it there and see if they can work out the issue. Mine still connects to any network it could with Snow Leopard, so it is certainly not a normal behaviour. That is just my opinion, though.

Good Luck

Dec 11, 2011 2:02 AM in response to scuta174

Ditto to the comments from Mulligans Missus. If you cannot connect to your wireless access point then I would say that you have cause to return your Mac, or at least take it in to the Apple store to get checked.

But if you can connect to your wireless access point and after a period of time, say after waking the Mac from sleep, you lose your wifi connection then this does not guarantee your Mac is faulty and more likely to be an OS issue. Based on the number of users in this forum complaining about losing wifi connections while using Lion, it would appear that there is a problem with this new OS, especially when you compare to previous versions of OS X. But that figure still doesn't mean there is a common fault with Lion and wifi. My i7 MBPro running 10.7.2 has no issue at home when connected to my Airport Extreme and at work when connected to a Netgear wireless router. And we have 8 Mac's (iMac, Mini and MBPs) running 10.7.2 in the office that also appear to work fine on wifi at work and at home - at least they are not complaining to me about wifi issues.

So take it in and get it looked at while it is still under warranty. At least you can get a another opinion about how well it is/isn't working.

Dec 11, 2011 2:11 AM in response to PAHU

I have similar issues with my new imac, wireless is very unreliable and keeps dropping so I need to manually reconnect all the time... not sure this is the same as your issue?

My issue though was apparant after I replaced my router for a more sophisticated Winreless N and G dual band router. Since then I get frequent disconnects, I believe this is only the case with Lion, not Linux or Windows but I have to do more testing to be certain.

My old speedtouch modem router had no such issues, even with Lion!? It was not in the same class as my new router though.

When is 10.7.3 to be released?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.