Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my Safari bookmarks sync properly?

Every day for about a week or so now I get an error whenever I launch Safari. It keeps telling me that I need to replace my bookmarks on MobileMe and to "fix now" or upload them from another computer. I don't have them on another computer, they're on my iPhone. But just to get it to STFU I did in fact "correct" the problem by replacing them from my computer several times. I've also turned off syncing on my iPhone and sync'd it with iTunes, replaced them from my computer to MobileMe and turned it back on the iPhone and replaced them from MobileMe again.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, or how many times I replace the bookmarks, it just keeps asking me every time I launch Safari. Now I don't want to bookmark anything on my computer because I have new bookmarks on my iPhone and I can't get them to sync back.

What in the heck is going on?

p.s. I'm very Mac saavy and have tried everything I know to do like clearing caches, repairing permissions, bla bla bla. No help at all.

13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4s 64GB-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 13" MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 8GB, 1TB

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 11:15 PM

2 replies

Why can't my Safari bookmarks sync properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.