Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error keeps reoccurring while I try to restore my original Iphone 4 software

I was trying to update the latest software FOR my IPHONE 4 but it failed and now I can't restore original software on my phone. I have tried it many times but it comes up with the same message as "The iphone "IPhone" cannot be restored an uknown error occured (1)".

Can any one suggest anything please?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 3:31 AM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 7:32 PM in response to Anisha.T

okay so I had the very same problem with my phone. Maddening, I tried and re-tried tried and re-tried, I removed my sim car and tried again, it errored me again, I tried again, finally on another attempt it started to restore software, message read: "verifying software with apple."

message read again: " restoring firmware" and it crashed out again, and at one point no longer even displayed the serial number; came up as "na"

so I reinstalled my sim card and tried it again, thinking it would re-detect something and wouldn't you know it, it failed me again.

haha

I tried it again and wouldn't you know it it bloody worked. I had given up went to finish my laundry with it plugged still and came back to see that it had actually recovered.

bottom line: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW OR WHY!! so with all that I still couldn't give you a quick fix reply. except possibly remove your sim let it totally not recognize it. and try reinserting your sim and see what happens.

Error keeps reoccurring while I try to restore my original Iphone 4 software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.