Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lion reinstall

If I choose to do this via the lion partition on the HDD will I loose all the ilfe apps that came pre installed?

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:29 AM

If you bought the Mac with Lion installed and registred/accepetd the iLife apps on App Store you'll be able to download iLife from the App Store after Lion installation

5 replies

Dec 11, 2011 9:06 AM in response to Andy Eastwood

Andy Eastwood wrote:

Lion and iLife were already on the Mac. I didn't do anything with the App store to authorise the ilife products. Is this the same as what you are explaining?

Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion

If you reinstall Lion on a new Mac that shipped with OS X Lion installed, on an erased or replaced hard drive, you can download iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand from the Mac App Store.

1. After installation, start from Lion.
  2. Double-click the App Store icon in the dock.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Purchases.
  5. If you haven't previously accepted your bundled iLife applications within the Mac App Store, you should see your iLife applications appear in the Accept portion of the screen. Click Accept.
  6. You may be asked for your Apple ID and password once again. Your iLife applications now move to the Purchased section. These applications are part of the software that came with your Lion based computer. Your account will not be charged for them. Click Install to compete installation of your applications.

lion reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.