Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine backup corrupted

Just replaced the internal hard drive in my iMac because I thought it was failing.

Reinstalled 10.6, restored the Time Machine backup for the four users on the computer, and the symptoms have returned - spinning wheel at the startup, sometimes not finding the startup folder, sometimes long pauses between data accesses when it does startup, etc. Because there's a new hard drive inside, I'm assuming Time Machine has backed up some corrupted files that are leading to these symptoms.

My question: Is it possible to delete a couple days' worth of backups in Time Machine inside the "Backups.backupdb" folder (because the iMac was functioning well a couple days before the failure) and THEN restore?

Ron

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 6:20 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2011 4:50 PM in response to ronlevesque

ronlevesque wrote:

. . .

My question: Is it possible to delete a couple days' worth of backups in Time Machine inside the "Backups.backupdb" folder (because the iMac was functioning well a couple days before the failure) and THEN restore?

If William's suggestion doesn't help, much better would be to do a full system restore from an earlier backup, per #14 in Time Machine - Frequently Asked Questions.

Time Machine backup corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.