Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Pages docs from iCloud iPad backup

I have an icloud backup of my ipad. I just now deleted a Pages document (pretty sure I had selected the right file, but iOS disagreed with me and so i lost an important document).

Reset the ipad and restored from icloud backup. Every time i open Pages, however, the deleted file momentarily appears (one quarter of a second) then vanishes. I assume that Pages is syncing automatically with icloud (live, not backup).

I have tried this several times, all to the same effect. I tried switching off the internet after the restore and before opening Pages, again to no avail - the file still vanishes.

So, if anyone knows how i can restore without (i assume) doing the immediate sync that deletes the restored files, i should be very very grateful. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 3:52 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2011 11:06 AM in response to BordeauxQuill

Hi,

I would be very keen to know if you ever solved your problem?

I am having the exact same problem. Deleted file in iPhone/Keynote. It got deleted from iCloud and iPad.

Tried restoring from the iPad backup.

But to no avail. The document cannot be restored from the backup.

I find this extremley frustrating since we are not expected to rely upon TimeMachine for iOS therefore the iPad backup should recover these files.

Restore Pages docs from iCloud iPad backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.