2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 1:27 PM by BordeauxQuill
BordeauxQuill Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an icloud backup of my ipad. I just now deleted a Pages document (pretty sure I had selected the right file, but iOS disagreed with me and so i lost an important document).

Reset the ipad and restored from icloud backup. Every time i open Pages, however, the deleted file momentarily appears (one quarter of a second) then vanishes. I assume that Pages is syncing automatically with icloud (live, not backup).

I have tried this several times, all to the same effect. I tried switching off the internet after the restore and before opening Pages, again to no avail - the file still vanishes.

So, if anyone knows how i can restore without (i assume) doing the immediate sync that deletes the restored files, i should be very very grateful. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 5.0.1
  • 1. Re: Restore Pages docs from iCloud iPad backup
    Suresh Kumar Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I would be very keen to know if you ever solved your problem?

I am having the exact same problem.  Deleted file in iPhone/Keynote.  It got deleted from iCloud and iPad.

Tried restoring from the iPad backup.

But to no avail.  The document cannot be restored from the backup.

I find this extremley frustrating since we are not expected to rely upon TimeMachine for iOS therefore the iPad backup should recover these files.

• 2. Re: Restore Pages docs from iCloud iPad backup
    BordeauxQuill Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Suresh, No, I did not manage to resolve this problem.  I eventually realised what the file was and concluded that I could live without it, so  gave up.  Apologies that I cannot be of more use.