Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions and NAS

Hi

I have some permission problems specifically with iTunes. I have a library in excess of 2TB maintained on a Drobo-FS (Mac Format). I keep copes of it on A 3TB USB Drive (Mac Format) connected to my Time Capsule and one on my Seagate NAS 220 (Windows Format).

The permssions are causing me problems with syncing and backing up regardless of what software I use.

The permissions for each drive say I have custom access and are presently:

Drobo-FS - unknown R&W, everyone - No acess - No padlock visible

USB Drive - unknown R&W everyone - No access - No padlock visible

Seagate NAS - Only indicates custom access - No padlock visible.

How can I repair this.

The permissions on my iMac are: system R&W, wheel Read Only, Everyone: Read Only with the intital banner following Sharing and Permissions saying You can only read.

I have repaired my permissions using Disk Utility and the only error appearing is :

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

My iTunes folder permissions are 2 unknowns and everybody -Read and Write.

Can anyone give me advice on how to straighten this out in the language a 5 year old would understand?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Time Capsule

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 7:05 PM

1 reply

Permissions and NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.