Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default calendar for adding events from mail

i love the feature from apple mail that allows you to click on some text refering to a date and a time to set an ical event for that. however, these events then go to one of my calendar which is not the "default calendar" set up in ical. is that normal? for example, i set the default calendar to be "work events" but when i click on a date and choose "add to ical" it goes to my "home calendar". the work calendar is set up as the default calendar in ical though.

how do i fix this?

p

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 6:00 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2013 2:16 PM in response to Bucht

I had the same problem and I think I found the solution. When you click the event in Mail, you are given a dialogue box that shows you the event in your calendar. At the top of the box are two options; "Edit" or "Add to iCal". Previously I had been selecting "Add to iCal" and it would put it into a calendar that was not my iCal default calendar. I'd then need to change the calendar by changing the event in iCal. When I instead click "Edit" in that Mail dialogue box I can change the calendar in Mail to my default calendar. Now when I click on other events in Mail it is automatically going to the default calendar. In short, it will use the last calendar that you've selected from that Edit box.

Aug 28, 2015 11:17 AM in response to Bucht

I don't see the "edit" button in my version, but I found another solution: after you click "Add to iCal" you get a dialogue box allowing you to select various info for that event. Go to "calendar" and change it to the calendar you want. From then on, whenever you "Add to iCal," it will use that calendar as the default.

default calendar for adding events from mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.