Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you disable iTunes Wi-Fi Sync?

I need to have my iPod connected to the wi-fi network in my workplace, but our developer's have told me that having an Apple device with Wi-Fi sync enabled connected to the network causes problems with their tools. I have tried unchecking the box in iTunes, but my iPod still shows that it will automatically sync with my computer. I even went to far as to reset my device entirely just to clear the enablement, but it became re-enabled when connected to iTunes again even with the check box NOT checked! I need to use iTunes for work as well, so simply not connecting my iPod to it is not an option.

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 7:57 AM

After you removed the tick mark next to Sync with this iPod over Wi-Fi did you hit the Apply button? After doing so, the Sync Now button under Settings -> General -> iTunes Wi-fi Sync should be grayed out.

B-rock

5 replies

Can you disable iTunes Wi-Fi Sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.