Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loops shrink when cut

I have a big bug in Garageband 11 on my Macbook running 10.6 that's been happening ever since I upgraded to iLife 11.

If I have a loop that is 12 bars long and I cut it at bar 8, the left side of the cut should go from 0 to 8, the right bar should go from 8 to 12. This is not what happens when I cut it. The right half is fine, the left half shrinks to the default lenght of the loop, in many cases this is bars 0-2. So then I have to go back to the left and stretch it out again until the cut point if that's what I want.

Has anyone else found this bug rather annoying? Is there a way around it? I sometimes cut 10 tracks at a time and then I have to manually bring them all up to the cut point one by one since they are all of different length. The only workaround I have found is to instead of cutting loops to lower the volumes, but this is again a manual process whereby I have to do it for each single track individually. I was able to, before iLife '11, to cut 10 tracks at a time and then to delete only the right half, for example, without having to restretch the loops. Is Apple aware of this problem?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 1:59 PM

There are no replies.

loops shrink when cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.