Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please suggest Drawing Apps for iPad 1

Please suggest Drawing Apps for iPad 1 for my 7 year old. I was looking at the Griffin Technology - Crayola ColorStudio HD for Apple® iPad but all the review say the stylus does not work. We have Doodle Buddy but it is limiting and she already outgrew it. Something that uses a Stylus maybe. Thanks.

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 7:03 PM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2011 8:45 AM in response to Brad Kyer

There are drawing apps that are more geared toward kids and learning how to draw and draw on iPad.

You would have to do a search in the Appe Apps store for these. Do a search for kids drawing apps.

There are both free and pay apps

With many of the free ones, you get to try before you buy or if there is just a free version and your daughter doesn't like, you can delete it and try another.

All of them should work with an iPad compatible stylus.

I found two that go hand in hand and free, as an example,, but have in app purchases to expand the color palettes and coloring books as your daughter gets better with drawing.

Take a Look at Hello Color Pencils and Hello Crayons.

I played with these a little and both have different color drawing implements and include interactive sound effects that mimic the sound of the pencil. marker or crayon making contact on the paper surface.

Please suggest Drawing Apps for iPad 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.