Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imac crashes all the time, have kernel panics when using wifi

Sinse a week or three, my iMac 21,5 inch has multiple kernel panics a day (the famous darkgrey screen with message in multiple languages). I never had it in Snow Leopard. No new hardware, no new software.

I'm using the mac for my work so its VERY annoying. I googled a lot and it looks like it has to do with lion.

In my case only if i'm connected it crashes. When i'm offline i dont have a crash. But wiring is not an option (second floor).

Go back to snow leopard?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Jan 13, 2014 12:35 AM in response to comnou

I have took my 2009 imac into the apple store bullring. They cleared the dust out the fans & its past all the tests. They offered to put a new grapic card in at a charge. But stated they can not find a fault with the grapic card. (GT 130 card) They have now ran it for two weeks without a crash. I was geting kernel panics 20 times a day since sept 2012. So maybe a complete clean install with fresh user of mavericks & a dust clear out is the answer. I would not buy a graphic card unless it fails the apple store test. I have been advised not to use any old time machine back ups, as the fault is somewhere in the softwear of my old user profile. The only none apple softwear I had installed was accountedge. So its a case of reinstalling all my old stuff untill i can recreate the kernels panics scrren shots imac restarting itself. This should show the real cause. if yours is a 2009 imac with gt130 card read thishttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/3938355?answerId=24487482022#24487482022

My imac crashes all the time, have kernel panics when using wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.