Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with my iMac G3 (summer 2000) flashing folder

Hi, I got an iMac g3 running Mac OS 9 (the 4 one i think) its Indigo and i think it was running on a network or something.

my problem was i couldn't do any thing with it as everything was on some none egsistant sever, so i decided to see if i could update it even though i have the highest one, the installation ran fine then rebooted with a flashing folder (ooops!)

now i'm stuck not knowing what to do i don't have an installation disk and there like £30, i do have mac os 8 though but i dont think it will go on and i was thinking about updating it to mac os 1.0.3 panther?

how should i go about doing this? i'm stuck and need desperate help... please!

Thanks!

iMac G3 summer 2000-OTHER, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:29 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2011 10:36 AM in response to Jp_Archer

OS 9.0.4 was the version of OS X that came originally on the computer. That means you must install that or a later version of OS 9 which would be 9.2.2. You can install OS X 10.3.x if it's a 350 MHz model or 10.4.x is it's the 450 MHz model.

If you have a suitable installer disc then I would erase the drive and reinstall rather than trying to update. Updating wouldn't have fixed your problem anyways.

Help with my iMac G3 (summer 2000) flashing folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.