Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing problem in Pages

I have been trying to print a 5 x 7 envelope in pages and I keep getting an error saying paper is jammed but the paper is not jammed so I tried to print on a blank sheet of paper and I got the same error message. This is where it gets strange I decided to open the document up in preview and try printing it and it printed perfectly. Granted this is a workaround but if anybody has an idea how I can correct the problem in Pages 09 I would certainly appreciate any feedback.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 5:13 PM

5 replies

Dec 14, 2011 11:23 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I did check for stuck paper and there was none I also checked the print queue and that was not a problem either. So I tried a new pages document 8 1/2 by 11 loosely formatted what I wanted on the front of the envelope open using the guides put the envelope in the printer but not telling the printer that it was 5x 7 and it printed beautifully so it seems to be an issue with the document size In pages. As I mentioned before if I save the document then right-click or control click on the document and open with preview it prints perfectly in the card / open format. So somthing is up with Pages. Maybe I should try Word instead.

Printing problem in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.