Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Mac Mail to PC/Windows format

Hello people,

How can Mail's .emlx files be opened on a PC running Windows? Apparently when the files are opened on the PC the text is jumbled. I'm trying to figure out how to convert the files to a Windows usable format on the PC. It's my understanding--though I am not certain--that PST is the appropriate Windows/Outlook format. I haven't used a Windows machine in like 10 years, so I don't even know if this is right. Online info suggests that I need an emlx to pst converter. Is this right or is it just a sales pitch? If this is what I need, then I'm hoping to find something free or very low cost--unfortunately I really have no budget. Or, if there are other workable/simple solutions, I'd really appreciate that info too. Thanks for any suggestions!

Jen

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:36 PM

2 replies

Convert Mac Mail to PC/Windows format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.