Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My audio settings get switched to using Nielsen Audio as the audio source every few minutes, cutting off my audio until I switch it back. How do I fix this?

My audio settings get switched to using Nielsen Audio as the audio source every few minutes, cutting off my audio until I switch it back. How do I fix this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 5:50 PM

Nielsen Audio is part of the Nielsen Digital Voice at <

http://digitalvoice.nielsen.com>

This was placed on your computer when you subscribed to Nielsen Digital Voice and agreed to respond to surveys, etc., to be entered to win rewards or prizes. It has also been auto changing in my sound output for quite sometime and I was constantly having to return to change back to my internal speakers. No rewards from Nielsen thus far--just their buggy software so tonight I found the Nielsen Uninstall on my computer and zapped it. It is now gone from my Sound preferences therefore, I hope this problem goes away with them. You should have the uninstall on your computer if you search for it and be able to accomplish the same task. The negative side of this as I see it is, they are not getting opinons from Apple users-only Windows until they figure out how to correct their software.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2012 5:50 PM in response to yoni.vick

Nielsen Audio is part of the Nielsen Digital Voice at <

http://digitalvoice.nielsen.com>

This was placed on your computer when you subscribed to Nielsen Digital Voice and agreed to respond to surveys, etc., to be entered to win rewards or prizes. It has also been auto changing in my sound output for quite sometime and I was constantly having to return to change back to my internal speakers. No rewards from Nielsen thus far--just their buggy software so tonight I found the Nielsen Uninstall on my computer and zapped it. It is now gone from my Sound preferences therefore, I hope this problem goes away with them. You should have the uninstall on your computer if you search for it and be able to accomplish the same task. The negative side of this as I see it is, they are not getting opinons from Apple users-only Windows until they figure out how to correct their software.

Feb 2, 2014 7:05 PM in response to Joan E

I am having the same , only started today: Tried to delet it on my Mac, not happening. Ihave tried to choose default settings, still keeps going to Nielsen audio. I dont' anythign to do with somethign that takes control of my mac. I clicked onthe link Joan E gave and submitted my disgust, requesting to unsubscribe: we'll see what happens. Until then no sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.