Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had Logic Express and it was shutting down when I would try to save or import files. I decided to upgrade to Pro Studio and now it is doing same thing. Help?

I have a Mac Book Pro with OSX 10.6.8, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. I had Logic Express 8 installed and was using it successfully. I had an accident where my mac book fell off of a stand on stage and I lost the hard drive. After getting a new HD installed, I restored from a back-up. I had to put in my code for Logic and it started working. Until I tried to close and save a project. It shut down and gave an error report to send to Mac. I then tried to open a new project and import some files from my recorder. When I did, it shut down. I re-installed the software and tried it again. It did the same thing. Frustrated, I decided it was a good time to upgrade. I purchased the upgrade to Logic Pro 9. I went through the long process of loading from Disc's and then started the program. I immediately tested the import function and it shut down again. Does anyone have a clue as to why it is shutting down?

Do I have another hardware issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2,3G Ram,500G HD

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:52 PM

Follow these instructions exactly, don't delete any more than the support article mentions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3968

6 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:25 AM in response to lm1496

Hi there,

Stupid as I am, I deleted some things more and now my logic studio won't start up again and I get crash reports every time I try to start up logic.

I tried to reinstall logic 9 from the startup install dvd but my laptop keeps spitting out the dvd. Any useful tips???

Laptop- Macbook pro 15" 2,66 GHz intel core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

OSX El Capitan

Serial logic Studio: F-371******************41KX

Support ID : Q9**********41K

Hope anyone can help me!!!

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Feb 9, 2016 9:56 AM in response to mekkertje

Try making DMG images from the DVDs first.. .. save the DMGs to an external Hard drive.. Connect the ext HD to your new Mac and then install from those....

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=7058

Its likely one or more of your DVDs have been slightly damaged.. or your DVD player is not tracking 100%...

The method used to make a duplicate DMG from a DVD seems to help get past many issues with the physical medium itself

Feb 9, 2016 10:03 AM in response to mekkertje

mekkertje wrote:

OSX El Capitan

Serial logic Studio: F-371******************41KX

Support ID : Q9**********41K

Hope anyone can help me!!!

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Note: I asked the Hosts to edit out your personal information.. as its not a good idea to post your Logic 9 serial on a public forum.. where anyone and everyone could grab it and use it for themselves!

Feb 10, 2016 4:51 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hé Art Of Sound,

Thanks a bundle for your advise. Up and rolling again. Great tip. Went to a friend and copyd the insallation disk on an external hard-drive and then copied the file to my desktop and from there I re-installed the installation disk. It worked perfect and everything works like the good all days.

One more question if I may, I'm thinking of uprading to Logic X so my question is if there will be big problems ahead. I'm reading al kind of scary stories.

Well, thanks again and good luck to you.

Greetz, Arnoud.

I had Logic Express and it was shutting down when I would try to save or import files. I decided to upgrade to Pro Studio and now it is doing same thing. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.