Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth devices lagging after wake from sleep sometimes.

I have the Apple bluetooth keyboard, magic mouse, and magic trackpad. All batteries are charged and I have tried others by the way. This issue only happens sometimes, as it has happened before, but stopped for a few months, and now happened again tonight. What is happening is that my laptop (macbook late 2009 with mac os x 10.7.2) wakes from sleep (all default energy saver settings set and I am able to wake the macbook with any of the bluetooth devices), and my bluetooth devices mentioned above are laggy for about 15-45 seconds. What i mean by laggy is that when moving the mouse across the desk after the login screen is already fully loaded, it jumps and is clearly not tracking like it usually does. The bluetooth trackpad and keyboard experience this same issue.

Now the thing that leads me to believe it's bluetooth or software is that my macbook's built in keyboard and trackpad do not lag and function correctly as soon as the computer is woken from sleep and prompts me with my login screen. This also leads me to assume that it's not my computer running slowly or having too many processes or not enough memory. This problem happens even if I have no programs running (other than OS X's default processes). I have taken my macbook into the Apple genius bar thinking it was a bluetooth hardware issue, but they ran checks and confirmed that it was not and obciously, we could not get the issue to reproduce their at that time. I would love to hear from anyone who has experiecned this before, or is currently. We need to get Apple's attention with this issue because they have not listened to me when I submit a feekback form. This has been happening since 10.7.0 by the way. Thanks and happy holidays.

macbook 6,1

8gb memory

mac os x 10.7.2 (happened on 10.7.0, and 10.7.1)

-I can wake my macbook with my bluetooth devices

-My built in macbook keyboard and trackpad do not experience this issue

-I don't see the "connected symbol" when the computer wake (everything is already connected)

-All default energy saver preferences set

-Using apple's rechargeable batteries for all three devices

-minimal processes running

-devices function as normal after 15-45 seconds (it's not my desk)

macbook6,1, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 9:04 PM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth devices lagging after wake from sleep sometimes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.