Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double NAT

Hi all

my AirPort Extreme always complains about "Double NAT". Should I ignore this or what can I do to fix the problem?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:12 AM

Sounds like you have a second device doing NAT on your network. It's hard to know without knowing your setup. My guess would be you have a modem that's also doing NAT.

Either disable NAT on the modem, or set up the APE to "bridge mode".

12 replies

Dec 14, 2011 9:27 AM in response to Koloss

I have this and ignore it. I have a uverse gateway router doing NAT and on my internal wired network I connect to my AE via the AE WAN port....which in turn NAT's my wired IP range to a new wireless subnet. i.e. wired subnet 192.168.1.x and wireless is 192.168.2.x. This also provides a good broadcast separate from my wireless and wired devcies as the AE WAN port blocks multicast and broadcasts that would othersiwe congest my wireless network.

Double NAT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.