Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove audio in iMovie

I've just started using this new version of iMovie. I did pretty well with the older version, but nothing I learned there seems to work with this one. I can't figure out how to manipulate the original audio. I want to only having it playing in parts and have music overlayed. If I can't do that, I would like to completely remove the recorded audio and just have music. Is there a simple way to do this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMovie 11, 9.0.4

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:59 PM

Two quick Videos you should watch.

1) This one from iMovie 08 covers the basics.

2) this one shows the new features in iMovie 11. Choose the one that says All New Audio Editing.

There are two ways to have the audio muted in parts. 1) Select the frames you want to mute (by dragging) so that the yellow border is around them. Then right-click/Split Clip. Then set the Volume slider to zero., using the Audio Tab of the Clip Inspector.

2) Use the rubber banding as shown in Video #2.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2011 5:59 PM in response to Energydude

Two quick Videos you should watch.

1) This one from iMovie 08 covers the basics.

2) this one shows the new features in iMovie 11. Choose the one that says All New Audio Editing.

There are two ways to have the audio muted in parts. 1) Select the frames you want to mute (by dragging) so that the yellow border is around them. Then right-click/Split Clip. Then set the Volume slider to zero., using the Audio Tab of the Clip Inspector.

2) Use the rubber banding as shown in Video #2.

how to remove audio in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.