Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2!!!!

Can ipad2 be used just like a computer? I have an IPhone4 and no computer... Is buying the Ipad2 a wise decision?? Pls help

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:04 PM

In my mind, an iPad cannot replace a computer, and will never be able to.

For the money you would be spending on the iPad, buy a computer.

8 replies

Dec 14, 2011 9:14 PM in response to Noble Seven

Ok... So here's the thing... Not a super serious computer user... I have been getting by with my iPhone for past 6 months just fine... Just a few things where a computer would be useful such as getting ringtones etc.. Can I do those sorts of things with the Ipad2... I love the entertainment aspect of the Ipad2 and I think my daughters would love playing with it when they come to visit... So just curious here??

Dec 14, 2011 9:35 PM in response to Noble Seven

This doesn't make me a dumby though... It is just what I have chosen to do and really enjoy! :) I am just curious as to the computer aspects of the Ipad2... They look very enjoyable and I am just trying to find out if I can perform most basic computer functions with one or not??? Any other info ppl could give me would be helpful :) Thank you

Dec 14, 2011 10:36 PM in response to keithfromhigh level

This isn't Apple Care, though; it's Apple Support Communities where users try to help other users out. I don't think people are being deliberately unhelpful. It's just a hard question to answer without knowing what you expect from a computer. The experience of using an iPad is similar but not identical to using a desktop/laptop.

I'd say that for *most* PC tasks an iPad would work just fine. If you find yourself doing a lot of typing you can easily source keyboards and the app-store has loads of free and paid-for apps that your kids would enjoy.

Also remember, though, that the experience of using a PC compared to iPad has some fundamental differences. PC's aren't really designed to be picked up, touched, rotated, passed around etc. If this is your experience of computing so far you will be pleasantly surprised but it's something you need to bear in mind.

Ipad2!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.