Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot purchase After change credit card

After I changed my credit card information of my apple id, I cannot buy Apps from itune store. It always show the message - " The iTunes store is temporarily unable to process purchases. " I can make sure the credit card is ok. And I successfully do purchasing from other web site. Can you help me?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 1:22 PM

You can try this on a computer...

Launch iTunes.

From the iTunes menu bar click iTunes > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Click: Reset warnings and Reset cache

Click OK.

Restart your computer.

For an iOS device, try "resetting"...

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2011 1:22 PM in response to leiwng

You can try this on a computer...

Launch iTunes.

From the iTunes menu bar click iTunes > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Click: Reset warnings and Reset cache

Click OK.

Restart your computer.

For an iOS device, try "resetting"...

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Nov 4, 2012 5:30 PM in response to leiwng

I was having this exact issue when I was set up to use PayPal as my payment method. I fixed it by -

1. going to my iTunes account and selecting None as my method of payment, then clicking Done

2. confirming this on my account page - which then said Add (or Set up, I can't remember) a Credit Card

3. on the Add a credit card page, I again set up the exact same PayPal account I had before.

4. I was then taken to the PayPal website to confirm that I wanted to use my PayPal account for iTunes purchases, and finally

5. I was taken back to my account page in iTunes, which looked exactly the same as before BUT...

The next time I tried it, my purchase went straight through! (And this was less than 5 minutes after I'd had the "Credit Card processing is temporarily unavailable" message.)

YMMV, but I guess a similar revalidation process would work for credit cards too.

Cannot purchase After change credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.